Senior Healthcare Consultant
Senior Healthcare Consultant
Urgent & Emergency Care Specialist
We are looking for a highly motivated senior operational improvement consultant who specialises in urgent and emergency NHS systems to bring a new patient-centred approach to the delivery of operational improvement into healthcare, which has an end-to-end capability including proprietary tools and innovative service approaches.
BearingPoint want to help the NHS and healthcare partners transform the way urgent care (pre-A&E arrivals, A&E attendances and admissions, in-patient and bed occupancy, patient flow and discharge and post-discharge) is delivered.
We are looking for a senior consultant and subject matter expert to help us set the direction, provide the expertise, and ensure we have a compelling patient-centred offer of support to drive innovative operational improvement practice across NHS Trusts and local healthcare systems. We are looking for a dynamic, resilient and flexible person who is passionate about improving healthcare systems for patients.
The successful candidate will lead and work as part of our healthcare team to review and redesign end-to-end patient pathways. They will work to deliver sustainable performance improvement, piloting and mainstreaming service and system change that is designed around patient demand, reduces avoidable non-value activity, creates capacity and most importantly, improves patient care and outcomes.
- Proven operational management and improvement experience within the NHS and/or management consultancy within the healthcare sector.
- Practical experience of redesigning healthcare services and systems with an appreciation of business improvement methodologies such as design thinking, process improvement and systems thinking approaches.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering complex change programmes in the NHS and associated healthcare settings with executive teams, clinicians, operational managers and front-line services.
- Ability to lead an interdisciplinary team, use a structured, data-driven approach to set programme direction, and to encourage this approach in others and be able to clearly present information and communicate to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of work programmes, ensuring client and programme deliverables are met. Able to align strategy with operations and comfortable 'rolling your sleeves up' and delving into the finer details of operational processes and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, facilitation and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to effectively manage projects and programmes, work to deadlines and lead multi-professional teams.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting, trust-based client relationships.
- Have an appreciation for how change can be supported by better use of data analytics and digital technology.
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets in order to tailor solutions for each client’s individual challenges. This adaptive approach is at the heart of our culture and has led to long-standing relationships with many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. Our 3500 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
Diversity & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfill their potential, where their talents are fully utilized and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach, and respect.
If you need any accommodations at either application, screening or interview stages please do not hesitate to reach out via our careers website.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.